Data breaches represent one of the single greatest threats to the federal government. With agencies awash in data and grappling to managing it, data protection is often loss in the overarching data management strategy. However, the need for agencies to store data safely and securely on a reliable platform cannot be understated.
Today’s dynamic storage environments are ideal for the government’s data storage needs. However, these increasingly complex environments are difficult to manage with native tools, loosely integrated software packages, and disjointed processes. The challenge for federal agencies is finding an integrated suite of tools that offers an integrated data management strategy that keeps protecting data at its core.
Hitachi Data Systems Federal Solution
Hitachi Data Systems Federal Data Protection Suite delivers powerful data protection capabilities within a truly unified platform, giving federal agencies an integrated solution to meet their data protection needs today and tomorrow.
HDS Federal protects agency data with a tightly integrated blend of snapshot, replication and persistent copies that are application-aware, secure, de-duplicated, managed and accessible through a single, unified platform. This unified approach results in an easy, automated and low-cost data management solution, at a fraction of the time, effort and money required by separate point products. Features of the HDS Federal data protection suite include:
- Ensuring 100% application consistent snapshots and shifting the data protection workload from the virtual platform to storage system
- Managing and protecting hundreds of VMs within a single management interface with minimal impact on production environments
- Enabling robust private and public cloud solutions
- Providing universal de-duplication—starting from the source all the way to tape, globally across sites—across VMs
- Tightly integrating with Hitachi Content Platform to provide intelligent, policy-based data movement that enables seamless tiering to the cloud